Monday, 22 February 2010

Monsters




To help support my time as an illustration student I work as a breakfast club assistant in a local primary school, I am up functioning and at work resolving conflicts over Lego bricks before the majority of my peers are out of their pyjamas.

In my spare time I enjoy making little stuffed monsters, sort of ‘plush’ creatures and I thought the children might too. So over the weekend I made lots of little monster shapes ready for stuffing and decorating with felt buttons and ribbon. I took the first lot in this morning and they went down a treat so I need to make another lot tonight.

Anyway this got me onto a little idea, I thought about having a sort of post-a-monster, whereby I send these to family and friends for them to do similarly as the children did and decorate them up to a monster of their choice. And in return for them to send me a photo of their monster back. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I’ll get a little monster shape in the post to you. Equally anyone following the blog who’s interested I’d love for you to have a go too.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so so interested! I know you see me almost every day but it would be awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two for Tanya! (well, one for the bruv, I'm not being greedy)

    This is a fantastic idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...