Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Bike Pattern Snood





In a slight gear change from portrait painting- I have started on a new project, knitting. Using a Knittmaster knitting machine I bought a couple of years ago. The machine was bought with the intention of mastering some form of interesting woolens, but alas studying for my degree 'got in the way' and all I managed to use it for was to make some knitted sausages as part of an butcher shop installation project. However now graduated, I find myself with lots of time and an obligation to stay creative. So my Bike Pattern Snood project was born. Working from the hallway in my parents home I have been testing different patterns, colours, materials and sizes. After a number of weeks practising I think I have got the formula right, so I have taken the plunge and invested in some lovely Merino wool and will be starting production of some final product snuds - with the view to selling them online once I have a small stock ready.

As a self confessed perfectionist, I am making sure I am 100% happy with the look, feel, and fit of the Snuds before putting them up for sale. Below are some of the photos of the developments so far...






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...